Originally Posted by fourgearsavoy
I think it just boils down to market price versus market value. Many of the BJ auction projected market values make musclecar owners think they can get that for their car. Now if you really want to sell it for what it's really worth put it up for auction with no reserve.
I am a realist that believes something is only worth what another party is willing to pay for it twocents
I sell my swap meet stuff at giveaway prices just because I don't want it back in my garage even though I paid twice what I sold it for.

I hope you get market price for your car but I wouldn't hold my breath in this current economic climate shruggy
Here's my $450.00 Savoy that I have about $15,000 in parts added that I would be hard pressed to get my money back out of it so I keep it forever,28 years so far and still love driving it biggrin

Gus beer

This^^^ I have a $750 B'cuda that is the same. I have quit spending money on it because I know I will never get it back....ever. I have a complete blast with the car...it's a hoot to drive drive but will likely never bring what I have in it and I don't care. Needs tons of trim upgrades but I refuse to spend the $$$$ to do them(lots of 1 year only trim)...not worth it. Most swaps I attend folks think their stuff is worth gold then [censored] about taking it home with them. I am also a realist.......ANYTHING is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it......the real estate bust back in 08-09 should have proved that.