Originally Posted by TJP
My brother just sent me this link. The article states it's illegal to do anything other than minor repairs to your own vehicle. Gotta love the Whacko's running things out there shock down eek popcorn

SEE ARTICLE

COUNTY CODE PAGE

Hate to tell you this Tim but if you live within 3 miles of the omaha city zoning juristiction, you can only wash, wax and change your oil, thats why my garage is on commercial property, they shut all my neighbors down, but not me, they tried, but lost, cost me aome money, I can't paint full paint jobs, only partial, fire dept rules, but everything else is ok, many many police and city inspector calls, and I never made noise after 9pm. Now that my neighborhood is gentrifying, rich guys and gals, I get to tell the city to blank off a lot more. I will also add that NOTHING is grandfathered in like everyone thinks, so if they wanna be a--holes, they can shut you down within 3 miles. There was an auto repair shop less than a mile from here, not on commercial property, built 2 ft to far in city setback, guy fought the city, missed a warning, city leveled the shop and hauled it off in orange city dump trucks. Was a shop for 90 years, and another shop was right across the street, on commercial property, both were block buildings. It is not just California, one bad neighbor that knows the rules, and you are done.