Thanks for that.

There is no doubt the engine failure rate is far higher on the ECO diesel than (percentage-wise) all the other engines offered in a Ram. That in itself is not at all good. Like probably everyone else, I bought my truck for the MPG capability while still having decent towing capability. It offers me exactly that and I really enjoy driving it but due to the frequency of failures, I'm constantly wondering if, when and where mine might have an issue and leave my wife and I stranded somewhere with our trailer. To add frustration, this was sort of my retirement gift to myself and was the first Chrysler product I've ever ordered directly from the factory. I didn't want something I needed worry about, especially the potential for engine failure. I stay well-ahead of recommended air filter and oil change frequencies just in the hopes I can head off or reduce the chance of problems. With that said, there is the other side of this ECO-diesel "coin" in that there are many of these trucks on the road with over 100k miles and never had an issue other than regular maintenance. So, inconsistency in manufacturing quality seems to be or have been an issue.

- EM