I have a 2016 RAM with this engine and I added a Green Diesel Engineering upgrade on the ECM and a cold air box. I can't speak to transmission cooler performance or aftermarket options but I tow a 6,500 lb. trailer in the summers with my truck and while it's not a Cummins, the truck does well. I live in Oregon where there aren't many flat "spots" and often pull long steep grades and again, it isn't like a Cummins with a ton of torque on hand but it does fine. I can say that given what the truck was designed for, I don't stop for diesel near as often as other trucks. I drive my truck different than I drive a gas engine car or truck in that I try to keep engine RPM down and keep it in the torque curve. Often this means letting off on the throttle to allow it to up-shift and then getting back into it. A big part of what you're able to do with towing (other than your load) is the rear end gears you have in your truck. A 3.92 ratio is about right.

Your should be fine with anything from Banks. They didn't have an offering when I got my GDE set-up but I'm happy with what I have.

- EM