I had to pull the new hemi crate back out of my cuda, so I figured now would be the time to fix my fitment issues. I have a small block k member in the car and I'm using the Schumacher hemi conversion mounts. When the engine is in the car, the passenger side valve cover is touching the inner fender and I can't even pull the valve cover off of that side without unbolting the engine and raising it up. It also hits the blower motor and the tti headers hit the power steering box. The car has Ray Barton cast aluminum valve covers. I knew that these mounts raised the engine up about an inch, but has anybody else had the side to side fitment issues? I'm considering just buying a hemi converted small block k member but I would hate to spend the money and to do all of the work just to run into the same problem. Is anyone else running the Ray Barton valve covers or tti hemi headers and having the same issues?

1973 Cuda 528 all aluminum Hemi, 4 speed, 3.23 Sure-Grip, (JA5) Silver Frost Metallic 1973 Challenger Rallye 340 1985 W150 Power Ram prospector 1986 Camaro IROC-Z 305 tpi