I did fuel flow tests on my old pump gas Duster due to not being able to jet it up rich enough to slow down the MPH in the 1/4 mile. I had a Magnafuel 275 (suppose to feed 750HP)pump on the car and bought their 300 pump that was rated at 900 HP, my moto had a six pack set up on it so I flowed the pumps with all three flex lines into a five gallon plastic fuel jug for 10 seconds three times on the 275 pump first and then the 300 pump after swapping them out, no noticeable differences in the flow shock
I call Magnafuel the next morning and told them what I had tested and they told me that I needed to either do the tests with the fuel bowls attached to the lines or put a restrictor in the lines to load the pumps, don't test unrestricted. I decided to hook one line back to a carb and redid the flow test three time, it gain over 40 % flow increase through two lines on those three tests work
I ended up finding out that the 10 micron fuel filter I had mounted between my gas tank and the fuel pumps was restricting the fuel flow into the pumps realcrazy
I ended up putting the 275 pump back on the car and it worked fine plumb like Magnafuel said to plumb it up
Sometimes we need help on figuring things out, huh shruggy

Last edited by Cab_Burge; 02/06/20 03:53 PM.

Mr.Cab Racing and winning with Mopars since 1964. (Old F--t, Huh)