I am sold on return style fuel systems for my usage/application (mostly street, track only when I can squeeze it in).

My Garbage currently makes just shy of 500 to the rear wheels, I'm using Mallory branded pump and regulator with
-8 AN braided hose to and from the regulator, -6 to the bowls. Sorry I don't remember the part numbers.
-10 would be preferable per the pump manufacturer but I didn't want to deal with the additional bulk.

I first prototyped it with the cheap Carter of the day/late 80s (4594? whatever the direct connection book said to get, is what I had),
I ran it deadheaded for a long time but then tried a rubber return line with about a .060" restrictor.
The difference was noticeable, the pump did not heat up anywhere near as badly as before on the street.

The next version had an upgraded pump and regulator but at first, I could only afford hard lines at the time.
I made the lines best as I could. I was quite shocked to find that on a 90+ degree day the fuel lines would feel cool to the touch, enough to "sweat".

Later I upgraded the electrical system to include a fuel pump relay instead of direct switch.
By then, I had used the system enough to be 100% sold on it.
After that the braided hose and all that came into the picture.

Do you need all this? I think a really simple deadheaded system is just fine for an awful lot of drag cars. Especially ones that show up
to the track on a trailer, where nothing is really allowed to get hot for any length of time.
(That's not what I have).

Rich H.

Esse Quam Videri