Seems like the $5 for craigslist is worth it to me, too. I've tried facebeook & hate it to the point where I'd probably want to deck Zuckerburg if I saw him somewhere. laugh2

The replies to an ad that you place on any website are sometimes pretty difficult to gauge whether it's a time waster or not. Even prior to the internet there were whackoloons, imbeciles & people with no money trying to come by. I do put in the descriptions of my ads that if the buyer wants to contact me to please mention the item specifically in their reply or it goes to the spam folder & then gets deleted. It helps cut back quite a bit, but nothing is perfect.

Last November I listed several large items on craigslist including a camping trailer. Of the 4 or 5 people who contacted me on the trailer, the person who actually showed up & inspected it, paid me full asking price. The first message they sent me I almost deleted because it was a half sentence, seemed vague & looked like a waste of my time. Before I had replied to them they sent a second message that was less vague so I took a chance. Glad I did because the other people that did appear to be serious were idiots offering half the price. tsk