Wife’s 2001 Jeep GC Overland is driving me nuts. 130k on it. Valvoline synthetic since we owned it last 50k miles or so.

About Thanksgiving threw the p0344 cam code. Put a new standard motor sensor in it. I wasn’t able to relearn it with my solus so Cleared code and went away for 3-4 days then came back. Drove fine, no missing or limp mode. Every great once in a while traction control light would come on. Anyway took it to dealer. They tested it, said not a Mopar sensor and that’s the issue. They put a Mopar one in it. 3 days later light back on. Took it back and they put a new cam phaser sensor in it they said, same thing. They’re stumped.

I pulled front off the motor a little before Christmas. The guide on the timing chain was broke and broke a bolt off in the block. The cam reluctor appeared fine. I put a new cloyes chain on it, guides, sprockets, new oil pump and the cam reluctor.

Started perfect, runs fine. But 3-4 days later light back on. I put a different Mopar sensor in it thinking maybe a broken piece of the guide maybe hit the previous sensor. No change.

I’ve got 5V on one of the three wires to the sensor, a good ground and I’ve traced wiring back to pcm. Shook wiring etc and voltage and ground don’t fluctuate. I’m to the point I think it has to be a pcm? I can’t see it being a cam issue. I’ve tried to learn the cam/crank multiple times and still won’t do it. Tried a different scanner from my snap on guy and still nothing. I asked dealer if they attempted either time it was there and keep getting vague answers so I’m guessing no.

Any one with other thoughts? Thank you.

Last edited by 68shifter; 01/19/20 05:13 PM.

68' Barracuda (4 speed) 64' Savoy (4 speed) 65' Satellite (girl tranny)