For what you listed, drivability and reliability sound pretty important.
I would highly recommend one of the new self tuning EFI systems that controls ignition timing, and a in-take fuel pump.
The EFI makes intake selection less critical. Single plane or dual plane will work. Since your looking at near stock power, the stock intake could work, but it is heavy and you will want to block the exhaust heat crossover.
Replacement heads like 440 Source Stealth or Edelbrock E-Street are a good value when compared to the cost of totally rebuilding the original heads.
Again they are lighter, and have no exhaust heat crossover, keeping the intake cooler. The Sniper and FiTech EFI have the electronics in the throttle bodies, and you don't want a bunch of heat getting to the electronics in the throttle bodies.
If you stay with stock iron heads, You can have them rebuilt with the larger valves and hardened seats. have the machine shop open the bowls below the valve seats.
Pistons, likely KB Flat tops. I haven't looked in awhile to see what is avaliable in a long time.
ARP Rod bolts and re-sized / checked connecting rods
Crank grind/polish as needed, balanced rotating assembly, and bearings to match the crank undersize if any?
The springs on the aftermarket heads are good for a mild hydraulic cam and stock rocker arms.
If using the stock heads, you will need new springs for any performance cam.
Cam, likely something around 220 degrees at 0.050"
The Hughes HE2024BL cam 224/224 @ 0.050" duration, 0.503"/0.518" lift would be a decent choice.
Degree in the camshaft per spec.
I would measure for correct pushrod length, and use a stronger than stock pushrods, but the stock pushrods will likely work, but no way of telling what the lifter pre-load will be without checking it first,
Fel-Pro KS2110 Gasket kit has just about all the gaskets except the valley tray.
The Viton rear main seal seems to seal better for me, but that adds about $25.
Oiling system can be pretty stock. A larger Hemi style oil pan with matching pickup will add oil capacity
The Jegs Windage tray / oil pan gasket is a nice addition too.
Likely should replace the crank damper if it is the stock 50 year old one.
If going EFI, you may need a fuel pump block off plate if the kit does not have one?
Stock cooling with 180-degree thermostat should be fine if the radiator is in decent condition
Stock Alternator should be upgraded, even stock (no EFI) the headlights go dim at idle.
Headers would be a performance improvement, but exhaust manifolds will likely be less hassle. Dual 2-1/4" or 2-1/2" exhaust is fine.