Originally Posted by madscientist
Originally Posted by Kindafast
If these are prone to fail then I def want to change them.. Could you guys send me the info on your rockers and price ?? Thanks so much..

Just asking again because it matters. Have you corrected your geometry or at least considered it may not be correct?

I'm not saying you shouldn't change your rockers out. What I'm saying is is the geometry right. You can fail many quality rockers if the geometry is wrong, and 99% of the time it's anywhere from marginal to straight wrong.

I did a low deck with 440-1 heads and I was doing a mock up with the springs I was going to use and broker a rocker turning it over, by hand. I looked the rest of them over and I couldn't see a fracture on any of them, and the fractured one looked like a clean break.

I ordered a new rocker from Indy and asked him how can I be using his heads, valves, his rockers, his installed height numbers and the geometry suck so bad.

Russ told me either I had something wrong or I was stupid. So I corrected the geometry, it went to the dyno, made 770 HP and went in the car and ran for three seasons until that customer died.

Just putting this out here, because it needs to be said.

I appreciate your input on the geometry and agree 100% with it. I run through the way the rockers were riding on the valve stem all the way through the range of motion. Very close to perfect all the way through I did find that the pushrod end was really close to the rocker arm by design. No contact but very close. I am no wizzard with these rockers and the Indy heads but I think the geometry is good. Thanks for your input again.. always helps to have a different opinion..

6.50 @105.26