Originally Posted by moparacer
What block are you using? If it is a stock unbushed block I wouldn't recommend them due to oil control. One problem I did have with them in a stock 400 block was the #2 and #4 cylinders on my engine poured oil out at max lift. Couple that with the fact that you are pressure feeding the rollers and IMO you need to have a bushed block to limit oil loss at the lifters. I got by with it last year but am having the block bushed right now.

Interesting, I was concerned I might have that issue so I primed the engine with the valley open. I have those lifters in my 440 with .650 lift and didn't have that issue.So those results vary. My oil pressure is pretty stable in the car, only drove around town a handful of times though.

Sucks comp won't rebuild lifters in the future. I hope the lifters are tough, they look nice and I like the oil to the needles.

'68 Coronet 500 w/ Indy EZ-1 headed 446, 727 trans, 9" rear
First day at the track with SUV street tires and no traction: 1.688 60', 7.24 @ 101.79 in the 1/8 mile

Great customer service from: DominicThumper Carbs, B3 racing engines, Porter Racing Engines, A-1 torque converter's, Quick Performance, Racer Brown Cams, R&R Performance, Manton pushrods