Originally Posted by TC@HP2
Originally Posted by jcc
Nobody here in over a decade can clearly delineate what forces the SFC's are exactly resisting, so the thinking "it can't hurt" likely applies.

RE the snipped out section above, I thought at one point over all these years we had talked about how Mopar's Hustle Parts engineers had developed the sub-frame connectors to resist the beaming motion of drag launches way back in the early 70s.

I agree, but in drag race beaming improvement is the single objective often sought, for the OP, laying the 2x3 over is rather inefficient from a design standpoint in that goal, and the main basis for my comment. And I wonder, if the prospective SFC installer is not nearly lifting the front tires on a launch, not sure "beaming" issues should be their main concern. I'm more focused on torsional improvement, and once that direction is decided, it seems there is a plethora of ideas of the various solutions that SFC's actually contribute to the problem, albeit including some contribution with "beaming" issues.

TC, you are seldom one I ever seek to technically argue with, your continuous contributions here are well regraded, and I hope this is not one of them. up

Reality check, that half the population is smarter then 50% of the people and it's a constantly contested fact.