Originally Posted by Dragula
Originally Posted by 572charger
so far my hemi has been at 21 lbs of boost with cometics and oliver rods and diamond pistons , every pound of boost is around 30 to 45 hp depending on the combo , im at 9.5 to one comp on c-16 fuel now to keep it safe i do not have a intercooler that will be a winter project , my 4000 lb car on street tires though the exhaust has been 130mph in the 1/8 and 160mph in the 1/4 on a base tune that made 1381 hp on the dyno at 18.9 lbs of boost , so far the water /meth injection does nothing !!! my air inlet temps are at 255 degrees !!! oh ya its fuel injected with 160 lb injectors and a fast xfi best thing ive done so far !!! and oh just for shits and giggles try to get some one to make a torque convertor for ya !! when i said 1400hp and a torqueflite they said we dont make one !!! and i called all the major co they said you will break your trans !!!! im testing that theory now

Awesome.....Any advice on my 470 build? Looks like all I need to hit 1000hp is 12psi......Cometic surprisingly said the same thing, I should be good till right around 20psi with no o-rings or anything else. Someone suggested E85 for mine, and I hadn't even thought of it at the time, but the more I thought about it, the more that made a lot of sense for me. Just trying to figure out the best static compression now.

I know the A&A trans parts work well. To what HP level, I have no idea, but we have upgraded a number of things with their parts, and have had only one issue and it was with the TA VB....It wasn't set to high enough pressure.

E85 will eliminate the need for an intercooler at least to a point.

As far as CR goes I think the conventional wisdom with boosted engines is the bigger the volume above the piston is, the more fuel and air you can pack into it so less CR technically could have more power potential.

I think it comes down to how much bottom end torque can it make NA before the boost comes on and is it enough to get the engine through that transition and up on the converter.

Kevin