I've raced at a LOT of the tracks around here. The only things I've ever been checked for was a driveshaft loop, radiator overflow bottle, seat belts, and helmet. When I say checked for...I mean to see if they were actually there. Never checked the actual location of the loop or dates on anything.
Most tracks don't check anything. If you have a car, you're good, lol.

Darlington is the most strict...they will turn you away if you don't have long pants and a helmet. They have loaner helmets though. They do require a single layer fire jacket if the car is quicker than 6.50 in the 1/8 I believe.
I've run mid 5s in the 1/8 and 8s at over 150 mph in the 1/4 and never once been asked about my cage cert (which is out of date), comp license (which I do have), or the parachute I don't have.
Believe me, there are MUCH faster cars w/ way less safety equipment than I have.

Last time I was at Pageland I think I just wrote the number from the gate ticket on the windshield and that was all that was needed to go run.

Some of yall from up north would be appalled at the junk that is allowed to run at tracks down here, but it's all about money. If you turn this guy away b/c he has junk, there are so many tracks down here that he (and all his friends) will just start going somewhere else.
There's a reason certain crowds only go to the small outlaw 1/8 mile tracks and never frequent the bigger nicer facilities like Darlington or Rockingham. Some of these tracks are literally a couple strips of pavement at the back of a field w/ a timing system and what looks like a fence.

CHIP
'70 hemicuda, 575" Hemi, 727, Dana 60
'69 road runner, 440-6, 18 spline 4 speed, Dana 60
'71 Demon, 340, low gear 904, 8.75
'73 Chrysler New Yorker, 440, 727, 8.75
'90 Chevy 454SS Silverado, 476" BBC, TH400, 14 bolt
'06 GMC 2500HD LBZ Duramax