Ok,
I am seriously looking at a done hemi B body.
Problem for me is its manual drum brakes. I may / probably will convert it to disc brakes.
I'm pretty sure its possible to add the normal non hemi specific booster and still clear the valve cover ( car has a hydraulic cam so to R+R the valve cover on a regular basis isnt really a concern )
What about going manual disc brakes and forgo the booster and any issues it MAY bring with it . is the stopping power ok ,
Reason I ask ,,, is we have a few mountain roads that I would like to take the car for a cruise where I think drum brakes may become an issue with fade / getting hot. I'm talking a route where the road is approx 20 miles, mostly down hill .

Ive had drum brake fade happen before and its a very scary feeling.

and btw, Im not worried so much as to retain 100% stock appearing for the rotor and caliper style brakes but would like to keep it reasonably close to stock looking under hood,,,,at least to the casual observer anyway. So the tiny GM looking booster and master cylinder look is 100% put of the question for me. Odds are very slim I will NOT be doing a nationwide search fro the OEM 4 piston caliper stuff