I am nearing completion on installing an American Autowire classic update wiring harness kit in a 1971 Road Runner. So far, the kit has been reasonably easy to work with, if you don't mind making up your own harnesses and soldering all the ends on. They give you PLENTY of wire to work with and, for the most part, the instructions/schematics are pretty easy to follow. The wire itself is very nice quality, and every wire is printed with the circuit it goes to. Some of the upgrades they want you to do, really do not make any sense (like that starter relay fiasco I asked about in another post.) Since this is an upgrade kit, they do not cover EVERY single option that could be on the car from the factory, but all in all they do a darn good job. The combo fuse box/bulkhead connectors are pretty sweet, with the bulkhead connector and the fuse box coming pre-wired. The kit came complete with ALL the fuses, connectors and plugs, nicely packaged in individually marked bags with the wires you would need for that circuit. NO BUTT CONNECTORS! YA! The only thing they did not include was heat shrink tubing. Being old school, I like to solder and heat shrink most every connection.
This is the first major COMPLETE wiring job I have done in over 20 years, so I did have some questions, mostly due to my memory lapses. If any of you are thinking about using one of their kits, I would highly recommend it. Anyone else out there thinking about doing a re-wire, feel free to ask any me questions you may have. I do not check my PMs as often as I should but will try to keep up to date. Thanks to everyone that has answered my questions on this project.

I should add that I still have the dome light wiring, radio and under dash light wiring to complete yet as well as owner needs to get me a radio that actually works and the rim blow wheel he sent with the car needs to be rebuilt as well. This is where it stands as of earlier today. All the outside lighting functions and best of all.... IT RUNS!!

[Linked Image]

Last edited by SKR8PN; 10/03/19 07:40 PM.

Karma has no menu. You get served what you deserve.