Originally Posted by AndyF
Yeah Pro Stock stuff has been in the 120 range and some Super Stock stuff I've seen down in the high 90's. So LSA and LCA are just what it takes to get the job done. How you figure out what it takes to do the job is the tricky part.

Yep. Like i said above a bigger motor with good heads and lots of compression is going to shine with a wider LSA camshaft.
Hemi super stock because of rules is a much more limited motor and a more rpm band sensitive narrow LSA cam will shine.
For the typical bracket 10 and 11 second car that isn't light like a pro stock or heads up car, a narrower cam is typically gonna make the car ET better
Not gonna find to many 15 to 1 440’s or 416’s with eddie heads bracket racing because among other reasons fuel is expensive. Most “ class “ cars run narrower stuff. Talking stock and superstock

Chip, yea, Scott Brown was all about wider cams, no matter the situation. I was stupid letting him talk me into trying his cam. It didnt make any sense, and the results ended up predictable

69 Dart GTS A4 Silver All steel, flat factory hood, 3360race weight
418 BPE factory replacement headed stroker, 565 lift solid cam
Best so far, low 10.30’s 1/4
1.41 best 60 foot
6.56 at 104.17