Put a dual point in the car that I rebuilt a while ago. Needed a new bushing, shaft was loose. Don't remember what else I did, but it's in good shape.

Put a new set of Blue Streak points in, and a condenser, not sure of manufacturer, and installed it in the car.

It starts and runs, idles, fine, but when I took it out to test drive it immediately was falling all over itself, stumbling and didn't really seem to want to rev. I didn't push it at all, I'm sure this is around 2000-2200 rpm, not much more, no tach at the moment.

I disconnected the vacuum advance, as well as put a brand new Blue Streak condenser in, no change.

I had used a formula I got off the board here to limit my advance, and welded the slots to get me about 12-14 degrees. With my initial at 20 though, when I bring the rpms up, I'm in the 42-44 range. I don't know how it can possibly be that much, even if I used the wrong value to calculate how much to weld up, I still eliminated a fair amount of travel in that slot.

The other thing I saw was that at idle, the timing light was fine, firing every revolution. Once up in the RPM, it appeared erratic, somewhat in line with the engine sounding like it was missing.

Any thoughts? I doubt two new condensers are bad, but could be. I'm going to try a different rotor, isolating each set of points, but not sure where to go beyond that.