Long story here...........I hope someone can throw me some ideas ?

Right now -----My dart----fresh motor . I have no spark from the coil . Months ago i fired up the car with this motor , and the timing was WAY off . It sounded crisp but wouldnt idle. This is just firing it up --so I had a buddy help fire it back up and the timing light said 60 deg btc ! So i backed it down to 30 and it wouldnt even start at normal timing...just sputter. Seemed normal when the timing light said 60btc....?

I recently looked at everything--looked at cam lobes , rockers , lash , cleaned the carb , timing chain+ gears .....Full on Leak down test----.even tried a new UNILITE that burned up in a couple minutes....a new coil , and a new MP ecu .

Now... Lets back up .......before i fired up the fresh motor last winter , i had a mishap. My buddy handed me the battery to put in the trunk , and i didnt have the light in the trunk.........i said ---Are you sure the Positive is to the rear? he said Yes................nope..... my dumass hooked it up.....backwards... we turned car on and had nice smoke by the engine....it burned a fusible link. Im still kicking myself for that.

SO----my buddy bought me a new chrome MP ecu.....I had the battery tested at Oreilly--tests perfect.. Nothing else looks hurt / burnt .

so tonight..i went and tried again--no spark and the ECU transistor gets REAL hot !! I had another ecu i plugged in---same thing--transistor gets super hot . I have 11.8v at both sides of the ballast...and both sides of the coil with ign ON . This is a MP distributor .

Nothing as far as wiring has changed on the car during this fiasco....

Im lost here............do i have 2 bad ECU boxes ? ive swapped coils..........the car ran weirdly with the new Unilite too...like the ignition is wayy screwed up . But it did RUN...........now..no spark ..

Yes i would love to scrap it all and put a switch panel in and a Msd setup---but no $$$$ to do that. Id like to find whats wrong with this setup because its worked great since 2008 !!

Last edited by 493_DART; 09/19/19 12:59 AM.