Originally Posted by NITROUSN
I have a 69 charger project. I need a longer cable jacket wise to reach the mounting points. I can get cables but the stroke is to short on what I have found. My stock cable would work stroke wise just to short for the mounts. I will post a couple pictures to show the differences. my original cable is the top one and The Mancini cc-371 is the lower one. As you can see my original measures from tip of jacket to ball 3 3/4 inches and the Mancini measures 2 3/4 inches. Somewhere there is a loss of an inch. Mancini offers no solution and they do not make custom cables. I did contact another less than friendly place and they claim there measurement is 1 15/16 inches which I do not believe is correct at all. My measurements are made with cable off car pulling to wide open throttle and as you can see from tip of jacket to ball. I am at a loss. Any input would be great. Thanks.

I have the same problem but hadn't started measuring yet. I have a longer Mancini cable on my EFI and it doesn't open all the way and is bottomed out so close in the closed position that sometimes the throttle arm doesn't come all the way back at idle. I need a stock throw and about an inch longer cable to replace the incorrect one. Someone post the correct answer when it is found.