I’m thinking of swapping out the cross ram intake on the 512 in my 63 Dodge for a single 4 barrel intake, and running a Holley Sniper TB set up I have. Thinking of giving the car some better street manners. The heads are 440Source Stealths that have been reworked by MCH to MW sized intake ports. As far as I can tell, the currently available single 4 barrel intakes with MW ports are limited to the Super Victor with a 4500 carb, and the Indy I4 single plane or the Indy 2D dual plane. I want to stay with the 4150 carb base, so would have to run an adapter on the Victor. I have a spare hood for my car, so don’t mind cutting a hole in it, but the whole set up would have to clear the repro MW hood scoop. Which intake would you recommend?

The rest of my set up is 10.5 to 1 comp, 252/260 street solid roller cam. With the cross ram and reproduce MW exhaust manifolds, it made 613hp at 5800rpm. I will now also be running a set of 2” primary TTI headers and 3” full exhaust. 4000rpm stall converter, 727, and 4.11 S60 rear.

If I went with the INDY 2D with deep port matching, would I be leaving much hp on the table, compared to the Indy I4?