Originally Posted by JDMopar
DFS......thank you for starting this thread. I've got a feeling I'm going to be posting in it off and on for the next few months. My PSA has been creeping up for the last few years. I had a biopsy 2 years ago, and all 16 samples came back negative. I had a PSA test come back higher than the one 3 months previous, so now I'm scheduled for an MRI on the 10th. The results of that will determine whether I have to have another biopsy. I'm 62, my wife is 60....and we still boogie a LOT. That's the part that's bumming me out I guess......but I had a whole lot rather be alive! I'll check back in after the MRI. Thanks to all of you for sharing your experiences. bow

That’s the crazy thing about this disease and that is how every situation is different.

HemiSportFury posted a reply and said “get a copy of Dr Patrick Walsh's "Guide to Surviving Prostrate Cancer"“. It has been invaluable. Maybe you’ve already read it but if not you need to get it.

There are a lot of things that will bother you but the one that affects the wife and you is a big one. It’s too early for me yet to know what I’m going to do.

I have done a lot of reading, talking and listening and now have some experience so if I can help in any way PM me. My dad went through it at the age of 65.

Take are of it! Take care of yourself.

‘72 Charger, 5.9 Magnum, Tremec 5 spd., Pro-Touring
‘14 Big Horn, Quad Cab, 4x4, 1500