Ya, external radiation treatments are 5 days a week, and then for up to 8 or 10 weeks.
If i elected for the external treatment, i would of had to commute 55 miles down the highway, and then 55 miles back from the Travis Air Force Base Hospital.
Didn't want to be a super commuter on the highway, every day, and when they realized i was in the Sacramento area they farmed me out to the civilian U. C. Davis Medical Center for the internal seed implant as the VA here doesn't perform that type of surgery.
In my case they informed me, that i was an excellent candidate for the implants, as i was told it was low level cancer, confined to the gland.
But there is no way to sugar cote this illness.
Having it removed you can become incontinent, then needing to have a catheter up little willie, or leak all the time, or at times, and then your in depends.
But that's lots better than being 6 feet under ground at the cemetery.
But everyone is different after the surgery, so it's a crap shoot in knowing the aftermath.
Then there is the sex side of the issue, that's embarrassing to talk about, with the doctors, as it's quite personal.
Medically they call it ed, but i call it ld (limp dick) that's hard to talk about with the doctors.
Lot's to know about, making a decision.
Whatever you decide, wish you well, but lots before you have gone through it.
Doesn't bother me at all talking about it, as i also have other serious issues going on with me, on my insides.
Jim V.

RF-4C Phantom 69-370 Zweibrucken, Germany