I am not sure if this has been covered but Mopar doesn't have a great track record at producing good performance parts or maybe more accurately good quality control - think cracking W2s, poor castings on W5s and don't forget the poor machining on Stage 6's. Looking in the 2001 Mopar Performance catalog there were 50 different blocks, 63 different heads and 44 different intakes available! While that was great for the builder, it doesn't make much business sense - your not going to sell a lot of any of them. If they would limit to a couple of Hemi, BB & Sb blocks a small variety of heads, I think that they could do better. They need to price them right and deliver a good product and by the way NO ONE should have to wait 6 months for parts to be built! I know most businesses follow the same program today - don't keep anything on the shelf - for accounting reasons but what do you think make Amazon, Jegs, Summit so successful? They have it on the shelf and can ship right away - no secret formula - but the opposite of what most manufacturer's do these days. Find a good foundry - something that Chrysler always seems to have problems with, a good machine shop and pay them on time - I have always heard that Chrysler is notorious for late payment. You can get aftermarket Buick & Olds blocks but these come from aftermarket sources. Maybe Andy is right, Chrysler should have stayed out of it and let the aftermarket fill the void. Edelbrock seems to be selling a lot of Chrysler heads...
It seems to me that I recall a time when Mopar Performance was one of the only Chrysler divisions that was making a profit - what happened? I realize that Chrysler's main focus is building and selling new cars and the Performance part is a very small percentage of their overall profits. Sorry, I just had to rant about this.