I can't speak to the earlier pumps, not sure if the flow and pressure valving is the same. The Saginaw pumps came in everything across all sorts of makes and models. There are so many combinations of flow and pressure valving with different mounting clocks out there it's hard to tell exactly what you might have and if the pump comes from a parts store, God only knows. This is why it would probably be beneficial to get the pump from Bergman.

In the event you don't want to, this is route I took:

I first swapped the Borgeson box in when the car had a small block. Steering feel was dialed in perfectly. Then I swapped to a big block; which required a different Saginaw pump and I neglected to pull the valving out of the old pump before I got rid of it. Couldn't get the BB pump dialed in at all and it didn't matter how many shims I used on the pressure valve. Turned out the orifice in the flow valve was too big. Turn One offers a flow reducer that I paired up with with a -6AN adapter, PTFE line and a 16MM inverted flare to -6AN adapter for the steering box.

With now shims in place and just using the flow reducer I'm happy with the steering now, although it is a bit tough to turn when at a stop, but the at speed feel is right where I want it.

The box itself calls for 2.0 - 2.5 GPH flow with 1100 - 1200 PSI optimal pressure.

Honestly though, with the money I have tied up in the above solution, you'd be better off just getting a pump matched to the box.

20190526_192113.jpg20190523_202506.jpg

1987 Fifth Avenue - 512/518/D60