I posted this on another forum and the only replies I got were to call Borgeson so I'll try it here with a few edits.

I'm installing a Borgeson steering box into my '68 Coronet but am struggling to find clear info on what particular pump is needed/optimal with this unit. I've gone down a few rabbit holes about pressures etc. which is more involved than I want to get - I basically want to know what works. I'm not sure what's on my car now (Federal, Thompson or otherwise) but it's not a ham can reservoir Saginaw which everyone seems to be using.

One thing I'm not sure about is why the Saginaw is the go-to pump choice. Can anyone give me a specific reason not to use my existing (non-Saginaw) pump and lines?

I'm not concerned with achieving an OE appearance as long whatever I use bolts in place of the old one because I do in fact, have a well-seasoned Saginaw pump, pulley and brackets still mounted to the 400 in my D100. Could I swap the whole nine to my Coronet and be ready to rumble or would I be compromising/limiting the steering gear in some way? If the recommendation is to get a new pump, I can pirate the pulley and brackets from the 400.

Bergman Auto Craft sells the Saginaw type pump for $165 that's "optimized" for the Borgeson box though it's a little unclear what that means. Obviously I could just call up Peter and order the pump and I may do that but, if there's a Rock Auto/parts store 'stock' replacement Saginaw pump that will provide adequate pressure for the application then I'd rather not spend more than I have to. If I go the re-man route, is there a specific application the pump should be sourced from?

And once I get the pump figured out, is there a specific pressure hose that is required other than your garden-variety-OE-replacement-b-body-with-Saginaw-pump?

Thanks for any input.

- Greg

'71 Duster
'17 Ram 1500