Fixing the connector helped with the interior lights, but didn't seem to do anything for my hot start issue. I pulled the starter and had it tested at Autozone. It tested good as I assumed it would. I still brought it home and tossed it in the scrap pile. I bought a new (NOT rebuilt) Delco starter for a '95 Dakota. Fit perfect with no mods and WOW!!! I've never had a carbureted anything start this good. I haven't had time to get her good and hot, but just down the road and back, then sit for a bit and she still starts great. Scared me the first time she started so fast. Even on her best days it would take a couple seconds of cranking. Now I literally just tap the key and she's running.

So, since I started this adventure a few weeks/months ago, I've shimmed my distributor, new plug wires, cleaned the plugs and gapped them to 0.045", switched to HEI with Holley (Ford style) coil, GM ignition module, new battery cables, new mini starter, new ignition switch and fixed (band-aided) the bulkhead connector. I still plan to do the bulkhead connector and ammeter bypass, however. Someday I may consider custom gauges with a volt meter, but for now I may just see what I can fit in the ammeter slot.

I am also considering a starter heat wrap...

Daily:
'19 Frontier 4WD
Belle:
'67 Belvedere Convertible, 318/727 in Go ManGo!
Other:
'64 C10, 283/3 on the tree