Originally Posted by closer9
I've been over the wiring. I'm fairly certain wiring is good. Bought all the wiring from Year One back in 06, and made a ground harness that runs back to the battery. Car spends most of it's time in a climate controlled garage.

I messed up my description a little there. Sorry. I've checked both ign1 (run) and ign2 (start) without cranking (starter relay trigger unplugged) and everything is normal. The last check I did, the 13v is run and the 9v is ign2/start while cranking. I also pulled the ignition switch and hooked it directly to the battery to check both circuits and no voltage drop.

Battery is almost new, spends most of it's time on a tender and had no trouble starting my 64 C10.

So, if I read this correctly, you are showing 9V in "start" without the starter actually being used? That is your issue there. You did remove the original ballast resistor? No need for it in an HEI system.

You should be showing battery voltage on both start and run with the starter relay kicking over the starter.