As is usual for these types of projects we hit some snags along the way. We have the engine back on the dyno and ready to make some pulls with the dual Sniper setup so we'll see how it goes. So far we've baselined the engine with both a big QuickFuel carb and a single Sniper setup. The carb + MSD pro billet distributor made 715 hp while the Super Sniper 650 with matching Hyperspark distributor made a best of 710 hp. The Super Sniper is rated at 650 hp and it was really pushed to the limit on this engine with injector duty cycle well past 90%. Basically the injectors are on all the time when the engine is past 6000 rpm.

The Sniper is rated at 800 cfm while the QuickFuel carb is rated at 1050 cfm. The engine was using 920 cfm during the pulls according to the mass air flow setup so I'm a little surprised that the power difference was so small. I'm assuming that the dual Sniper setup will solve the airflow and fuel flow issues but we do have a bit of a curve ball hidden in the test since we're using a standard port Weiand intake on Max Wedge heads. It is a long story but basically I wasn't able to source a Indy tunnel ram with in-line 4150 carb pads. I know they exist but none of my usual contacts were able to come up with one so we modified a Weiand standard port tunnel ram to work.