What intake was used for the single 4bbl testing?

Some of what I’ve seen written by more than one of the true gurus of manifold porting is that they don’t even flow them anymore. They’re more concerned with the csa, taper, length, etc.

That being said, when I was playing around flowing manifolds on a head, and seeing how much they would knock the flow down.......on a std port SR head flowing about 340cfm, a Weiand TR with some minor matching and plenum clean up cost about 30cfm on that SR head.

With the combo of the std port manifold on the MW size TF270 head you not only get the restriction of the small intake runner of the manifold, but the big change in csa/poor transition as the air enters the head.

I’m definitely curious to see how it works out.
Sometimes things that seem like they’d be a big problem in terms of power, aren’t.
And sometimes things that seem trivial make a pretty big difference.

On something in the 850hp range, going from an Indy 440-2 with a 4150/4500 adapter and an 1150 carb to the Indy TR with 2x1050’s is worth about 35hp.

On a 650hp 451, going from a TG4500 with an 1150 on it to the Weiand TR with 2x650 Demons was worth about 30hp.

68 Satellite, 383 with stock 906’s, 3550lbs, 11.18@123
Dealer for Comp Cams/Indy Heads