Originally Posted by TRENDZ
I think some confusion comes from the fact that many “race” starter wiring techniques are different from factory Chrysler wiring techniques.
A lot of race cars use a Ford style starter solenoid, regardless of starter manufacturer. This allows a single, electrically “dead” heavy cable down to the starter. They do this for safety, and to minimize the required wiring to initiate the starter. To use this system, you simply make a small jumper wire that connects the large terminal on the starter to the small terminal on the starter. The large cable on the starter goes to the remote mounted solenoid into a place of your choosing.

Exactly. The Ford style unit used in a typical conversion is what I thought the OP was talking about and is what I was referring to. I thought that would have been obvious. I know the difference between a Mopar relay and a Ferd style solenoid that is used to eliminate it. And I've fixed quite a few balky old starters by whizzer wheeling the scabs and boogers off of the big copper disc or just flipping it around.

Last edited by CMcAllister; 07/31/19 07:43 PM.

If the results don't match the theory, change the theory.