Originally Posted by volaredon
Originally Posted by Guitar Jones
I believe you may have had a very small head gasket problem with the first engine. If the wiring is bad or an injector shorted, open or otherwise inoperative you should get an injector code. It only takes a very little amount of coolant leaking into a cylinder to set a misfire code.

All your subsequent problems are from the new heads with the tight valve guides.

That (original) engine never used a drop of coolant, I've seen what a combustion chamber that has taken on antifreeze looks like, usually very clean vs the rest. The original engine was pulled when the oil pressure started to tank, and it started to rattle at idle from the bottom end.
I was wondering how many of the other issues since I replaced the engine were from the tight valves, I'm really hoping that to be the case.
But being as how the place that I sent the computer to, as much as said that they found issues within that could cause a misfire code, and when it last ran it was dumping fuel, I can't help but wonder if there's still an issue there.

What would the computer have "seen" on account of the tight and slowly closing valves that would make it react like that??? Just for future knowledge more than anything

Without having access to the sensor readings it's hard to say. There certainly would have been a diluted fuel air mixture, missfires and who knows what else. If there was a code(s) set then a look at the freeze frame data would give some insight. I'm sure the O2 sensor readings were off.

"Follow me the wise man said, but he walked behind"

'92 D250 Club Cab CTD, 47RH conversion, pump tweaks, injectors, rear disc and hydroboost conversion.
'74 W200 Crew Cab 360, NV4500, D44, D60 and NP205 divorced transfer case. Rear disc and hydroboost conversion.
2019 1500 Long Horn Crew Cab 4WD, 5.7 Hemi.