I have a thread about a new set of EQ heads that I have problems with out of the gate
Not getting answers on this part of the problems so it was suggested that I change the thread title to maybe get some answers on that part of the problem.
01 Durango, 360, 258k miles

I fought an issue for a few months with a #6 misfire that wound up being internal to the computer. Thought I had that solved but not sure.i overhauled the engine for other reasons, and put a brand new set of heads on it in the process. Upon the initial test drive when the engine was reinstalled it crapped out on me. Among other things I found out that my heads were set up with too little valve clearance, 1 exhaust valve stuck open and got bent. While out on that test drive which was all of about 4 miles (was more, but I'm not counting the distance I had it on the back end of a tow strap to drag it back home)

While waiting for my son to bring his truck to get me. I tried to restart it and it wouldn't. I got out and saw my whole exhaust glowing cherry red. Ended up melting down a brand new cat converter.
Once it cooled down (it never did overheat) I hooked up a scanner and don't remember everything but I do remember that my injectors on time was almost 6 times what it should have been at idle.
I'm sure the extra fuel was what killed the cat. What I need to know is how the computer would be expected to react to such engine problems.
In other words if I put this other engine back in there that doesn't have the problems that the 1st overhauled engine did, and put the so same computer back in there with all of the same (brand new) sensors that were on the engine that had the valve problems, can I expect a repeat? Or should I send the computer back to the place that repaired it the 1st time?

In case it matters at this point, nothing has been modified. All is stock or "stock replacement"/oem equivalent
I have a couple of things that I would like to change up on it but none of that will happen until I am completely certain that it is running like it was designed to be, first. No sense adding "possible causes" of any problems to the mix.

Last edited by volaredon; 07/17/19 01:35 PM.