Guys I'm looking for some advice on piecing together the valve train for my blown pump gas small block. I will start with a description of what I'm building and what I'm trying to achieve.
Engine is based around a mopar siamese bore 4 bolt 59degree block, 3.95 bore, scat forged 3.58 crank, scat h beams with arias dished forgies. Comp should come in at 8.5-1. Heads are indy 210cc 360-2's, 2.05 and 1.6 valves, have an aussie made max wedge performance blower manifold and plan on running a 6/71 on pump gas with efi through enderle hat. For the cam, it will be either a hydraulic or solid roller street type grind. This is a street engine, not a drag motor so longevity is important. Having seen lots of photos of lifter and pushrod angles when using a w2 style heads with 59 degree blocks has prompted me to ask the following question.

What sort of things are to be considered when trying to achieve the best geometry possible.
- Height of the lifter, I'm guessing a shorter lifter will equal less angle between the lifter and pushrod.
- Rocker ratio. Will a 1.6 or 1.7 ratio give better geometry than a 1.5 ratio rocker
- Amount of offset in the rocker
- Using an offset lifter.

I am looking at bam lifters at the moment and T&D rockers, but I'd like to hear what you guys have to say. Fire away

Last edited by tuff440; 07/03/19 06:30 AM.