Originally Posted by AndyF
Is the car set up to go low 10's? If so, what is the weight, tire size and gear ratio in the car. If all of those things are ready to go then building the engine and trans is the easy part. A 700+ hp big block is fairly simple to screw together from parts you can buy over the counter. 4.25 stroke rotating assembly and a set of Trick Flow heads will get you there. Compression depends on what you want to run for fuel. If this is street driven or EFI then you'll want to stay with an unleaded fuel. If it is race only then go for it. Same thing on the exhaust side. Race only allows you to use open exhaust while a street car requires a lot of extra work (and weight) for a full exhaust system. Cooling system is the same way and so are the brakes. Race car stuff can be simple and lightweight, street stuff has to be a lot more robust.

Thank you ! See above comments to fast . I haven’t weighed the car yet and since I don’t have any go fast parts yet I will buy the converter and gear to go with it.