Never heard that theory before.

Its a typical case of taking a few correct facts and connecting them differently and incorrectly, to gain i suspect , 15mins of fame?

Yes, the benefit of frame connectors is they do increase rigidity in an area that is not originally rigid, nor was it designed to be in its OEM intended use.

Our issues are different.

A frame connector will in almost every case increase stress in other areas,which will of course increase the loads on the spot welds in those areas beyond the FC.

I completely disagree with the statement that any flex was designed into our uni-body's. It was known, it was acceptable, it was likely a cost compromise solution, but iflex was not sought.

"Torgue box reinforcement gussets" are a quick cheap band aid for a very poor solution of using the door sills to tie the front and rear sub frames together. It is an obvious compromise, it works in a street car, and has a proven satisfactory record of getting the job done, barely, hence the need for FC.

Edit: The "work hardening" is a buzz word the speaker just throws out, and not exactly correct, and if the spot welds were prone to this problem, we would see it likely already on a number of 100K+ mile cars, and the factory could overcome by design, without much effort anyway. His opening line speaks highly of the noticeable improvement of adding FC gives, and in the end, tells the listener you don't need them in a street car. Can't wait till he video tapes my favorite, LCA gussets and 11/16" TR ends. laugh2

I rate this video, "mostly misleading". twocents

Last edited by jcc; 07/02/19 09:32 PM.

Reality check, that half the population is smarter then 50% of the people and it's a constantly contested fact.