yes you service the bearing as a unit. the rotor,retainer,bearings/spacer all pressed on to the hub. then it all goes into the knuckle with 6 bolts for retainer.

zerks= driver side @ 9 oclock pass side @ 3 oclock

brake caliper mount needs removed to slide inner/outer axle out of housing to service u-joint = constant velocity joint = order the spicer super joint from napa

IIRC the rule of thumb on the bearing and hub longevity was greese and keep torqued to specs as bearing wears. = servicing often. the bearing unit will only torque up so far and then you are out of threads on the stub axle ** that's when it got over torqued and stripped.

another rule of thumb was if you removed the rotor/hub and only 1/2 of the bearing comes out with the spline hub = spline hub needs replaced. it is press fit and should R&R as a complete unit same as it went in new.

also with tire 2" off the ground a tire iron under outer edge of tire to check the slop in the bearing or ball joints is good practice to keep them torqued.

20 yrs ago it was 100$ per side to do a bearing not counting the seal. 25$ to press it off, 25$ to install seal press rotor/studs/retainer/bearing on the hub and you need to make sure they pack it with grease before installing on hub.

you line up the gap in the middle spacer ring with the grease zerks @ 9-3 oclock when you slide bearing unit into the knuckle cup. that is the only way it will grease the bearing completely.

IIRC you can not find new replacement spline hubs or the short stub axles any more. but good luck hunting.

I know I ran a 12" rim 4.5 backspace 17/40/15 ground hawgs 440 granny 4 speed full time 203 and never broke anything other than drive shaft u-joints. I did do a couple front wheel bearings due to worn out hub/knuckles mud/water not much grease and hammer the hell out of them.