Originally Posted by B3422W5
Had a set on my 9 sec Duster for 10 years. They didnt go bad after 1 year, they don't ride harshly, and they were engineered nicely by Mopar to do what they do
I dont get where people say some of this stuff

This isn’t a design issue - it’s a manufacturing issue.

Yes, they were engineered correctly back in the day, the process appears to not being maintained in regards to heat treatment and processing the arc. This has been supported my many people claiming the springs lose their arc - not over a decade but in as little as a year. This statement has been made by people in the know, using springs properly spec’d for the vehicle.

I’ve personally had two sets lose arc in less than two years and both cars weren’t even being used yet - they were being assembled.

This manufacturing issue also applied to the restoration springs in the past but I have no info on those as of late.

As for ride quality, any spring with increased spring rate will make the car more harsh. And any spring with increased chamber will too.
That’ a design issue that you have to live with if you choose to use this spring on the street.