Originally Posted by B3422W5

Originally Posted by Cab_Burge
Originally Posted by B3422W5
Had a set on my 9 sec Duster for 10 years. They didnt go bad after 1 year, they don't ride harshly, and they were engineered nicely by Mopar to do what they do
I dont get where people say some of this stuff

I had a similar experience with a set of the 002,003 SS springs I bought new in the mid 1990s that where made in Mexico on my 1969 Dart BB bracket car, I did end up clamping the front and rear segments on them to get the best performance out of them also up scope
I race that car with them and drove it on the street with no sagging or bending, 1.42 60 ft. times foot braking with a best of 11.17 at 122,.+ MPH weighing right at 3150 Lbs. with me in it shruggy
Maybe I got lucky, maybe not shruggy

I went 1.34/35 with mine. Cheap 3 way CE shocks at all 4 corners. Car was ultra consistent. Tons of people on this forum know the car and know how it worked.
I think people consider the springs “ settling” meaning they are going bad. That isnt the case.
Until i sold it the car ran the same as the day many years earlier i installed them. Raced with a lot of guys who ran/ run them, and hearing they go “ bad” in a year is a first hearing about. It definately isnt the norm.

I still have my 456/457 s-shaped pieces of $hit in the scrap pile and you are welcome to them if you pay the shipping!

It wasn't a case of them "settling", either.

As for guys not being able to figure out Cal-Tracs, there are people out there that think the earth is flat, we never landed on the moon, etc., too!

'63 Dodge 330
11.19 @ 121 mph
Pump gas, n/a, through the mufflers on street tires with 3.54's. 3,600 lbs.
10.01 @ 133mph with a 250 shot of nitrous an a splash of race gas. 1.36 60 ft. 3,700 lbs.