Sure, if I had that Indy cross ram on an engine I'd put dual Snipers on it. I'd also add the Holley Hyperspark distributor so I had full computer control over both fuel and ignition timing. That is the only way I'd try to run that intake on the street. I don't know how well it will work but I'd think that dual Snipers would give you a fighting chance.

I'm not sure what makes those intakes backfire but it could be fuel puddling and/or vacuum leaks. Does your cross ram have a gasket between the top and bottom half? I had one of those intakes years ago and Indy didn't supply a gasket. So the intake wasn't sealed up in the middle. Not sure why Indy didn't make a gasket for it but perhaps they make one now? The Sniper setup might solve the fuel puddling since you don't have accelerator pumps to squirt fuel in. The amount of cranking fuel can be adjusted and the fuel prime can be turned down or turned off. With the Hyperspark ignition setup you can adjust the ignition timing while cranking which might also help.