Originally Posted by Guitar Jones
The fact that you say it does it at the same rpm in 2nd gear as it does in third tells me it may be more rpm related rather than speed related. The driveline is going to be rotating at a different rpm in each gear. Is it a half frequency? I don't know but what I do know is you may have several issues since this is not an oem configuration.

You also say it didn't do this before. Is it possible you just didn't notice it before? If not then something has changed. The driveshaft length didn't change, the output bushing didn't suddenly change nor did the driveshaft balance unless it lost a weight.

This is how you need to approach it. What could have possibly changed.

I agree, that what i keep racking my brain over and over is what could have changed when i did the front end rebuild..I just can come up with anything..When its in 2nd, its not near as harsh or noticeable and its more steady, but as soon as it changes into 3rd, i really feel it and it pulsates like crazy.Almost like your cruising down the road, then swerve over on the rumble strips, then back onto the road, then back onto the rumble strips..Im quite sure it wasnt there before..i would have remembered this! The first time i drove it after the frontened rebuild i remember saying 'what the heck'?