Originally Posted by fastmark
I just replaced a three finger with a Mcleod diaphragm type and don’t like it at all. It is soft for the customer but it releases different than a borg and beck style. I removed the center spring and it is soft but as you release to the top, it releases too quick. It like the ratio is wrong for a mopar. It is smooth and has no chatter but that’s all I can say. I’ve got a customers car coming in with a Centerforce brand and it was hard to adjust it to not ride on the throwout bearing and have the pedal correct. I’ll work more on it when I tune the carbs later next month. I called Mcleod tech and described the problem and said that was the best I could adjust it because it was it not designed for the mopar. I’m wondering about a twin disc for my next clutch but they are pricy.

This. Unless you want to re-engineer the clutch linkage so you're not driving a toggle switch, use a Borg & Beck plate with a newer disc. Run the plate load at 2400 pounds and drive it.

A diaphragm is for birth control, not a clutch. People evidently don't know that the diaphragm is not new. It wasn't that cool back in the 70's.

Just because you think it won't make it true. Horsepower is KING. To dispute this is stupid. C. Alston