Originally Posted by dvw
What thickness snap ring are you using? There are multiple thickness available. I believe .104" is the thickest. Drum ring surface looks OK. It the ring surface that the input shaft rings ride on inside the reaction shaft support. As I said check for ring groove tape with the ring in the groove. If its tapered it'll kill the ring in short order.
Doug

It’s a wave washer and it’s fifty thou thick. I have four steels & fibers in there and with some oil on everything there is basically no free play. My book says measure the clearance under the high section of the wave- I can probably fit a few more thou but .045” feeler guage slides in with no force. The fibers can move fairly freely but I think I want more clearance for the front clutch than the forward/rear right? A little room for the un-applied pack to spin freely but not so much that the seals could pop out? My book says with the wave washer I want .082”-.151”. Would milling .045” or .050” off the pressure plate be the easiest fix here so I don’t burn up my fibers when not in 3rd or R?

Thanks for the tip on ring groove squareness I’ll check that tonite!

Last edited by radar; 04/04/19 07:57 PM.