Originally Posted by radar
Originally Posted by csk
I do NOT recommend loctite on the bolts

I could see a bunch of loctite crumbs causing problems in the oil pump maybe but why not clean the threads and bolts nice and dry and smear a drop of blue loctite on the first few threads?

Also I’ve used adjustable pushrods to preload hydraulic lifters on harleys a million times and set lash on tons of solid flat tappets in v8s but all I ever did on a non adjustable setup was make sure the pushrods had no lash but still could be spun in my fingers on the heel of the cam.

I guess with the valley open I can spin it around a little and look at the lifter bodies and make sure the lifter pistons are uniformly depressed an appropriate amount from a fully extended lifter? The motor didn’t really have any lifter clatter or anything before the poo hit the fan.

I just want to put it back together and feel confident- I’m not really sure why this happened unless I just didn’t properly torque the rear bolt in the first place.

For one, the 2nd bolt from the rear has an oil passage for the rockers, 2. if you remove the bolts after you have put on loctite the Heli Coil will likely get uscreewed out of the aluminum cyl head, not what you want, 3. why do it, there is no reason to, not done from mamopar, or ANYone that I know of, none on my stealth heads, yours came loose because they where never tighten down correct.

1968 Charger COLD A/C Hilborn EFI
512ci 9.7 compression, Stealth heads, 4.10 gear A518 ODtrans 4100lb,10.93 full street car trim
2020 T/A 392 Stock 11.79 @ 114.5