Ill just ad one tidbit as to the conditions. We run an NA Smallblock all over the country. We have been as fast(actually a tad faster) back east in those hot humid conditions as we have out west. Two reasons one is the tracks are just better, second and more importantly we see higher barometer readings at all those tracks we have been to. We have been 8.0's in 142 water grains, which is typically triple what we see on a bad day put here. Heck Vegas at its worst is high 30's and typically single digit grains. The difference is we have NO barometer. Ever in California there is not much for barometer. My experience at Irwindale last weekend was about as high as I've seen the barometer outside of Sonoma on a great day or Mission. So just to ad some personal experience to the mix, no conjecture or speculation. We actually run in all those conditions. FWIW the NA 10.5 record is set every year in Bradenton. High barometer and good temps in a coupe week.

As for the smallblocks and how they run, no doubt they run well for sure. Like anything built for maximum all out NA racing they don't come cheap nor are they very long in the tooth. Its just a function of the environment they race in.

"I am not ashamed to confess I am ignorant of what I do not know."

"It's never wrong to do the right thing"