I love seeing these NA small blocks fly. They sound nasty, and are totally impressive. What Brett has done with these heads and intakes is just incredible.HOWEVER, how many of these cars race weekly, have 250 runs on them ? ( i truely dont know, it seems to me only a handful are really out there making passes tho) I have a pretty fair idea, but, what is the REAL cost of building one of these ? Whitedart,( and maybe Brett, Andy and????) if you had to put a number to what it cost you, what would be fair and reasonable to throw out there, to ACTUALLY build one of these engines? Lets assume, that someone had to pay for all the block work ( assuming its a Ritter), heads, intake, modifications,pistons,coatings,cams, valvetrain,making parts that WILL fit, hand machining,( not deals with this guy or that gut either, straight up have to pay for stuff) and so on and so forth? Lets throw a real number out there. I am not on here enough to know who else runs one of these combos,other than what I see Brett working on, I kinda watch from another viewpoint so to speak.

Let me be VERY VERY clear, I love this stuff, I am not playing negative nelly here. I simply want to be 100% honest about what one of these would cost, and how much cost for maintenance and repairs, if it was raced in a weekly series, or weekly " quick something" or "index" series. I hope we see 10 more of these combos this year, my point is, its probably way out of line for most. To those that can and do, its great.Its a huge commitment, that only a few can and will make I think.Look forward to the guys who have done this, with real world numbers , time and experience, Congrats to the guys running these numbers, its impressive.Thanks.

RIP Monte Smith

Your work is a reflection of yourself, autograph it with quality.

WD for Diamond Pistons,Sidewinder cylinder heads, Wiseco, K1 rods and cranks,BAM lifters, Morel lifters, Molnar Technologies, Harland Sharp, Pro Gear, Cometic, King Engine Bearings and many others.