So here we are several weeks later and I'm still messing with the truck with no plans of sending it packing although after typing this, I'm wondering why... Among the early findings was a dry radiator due to a leaky water pump so the fun began with what should have been one simple project. One of the first things I became frustrated with was the homemade alternator brackets so I installed a set of chrome OEM type replacements at the same time. Since this moved the alternator back, the oddball water pump pulley would no longer work which then resulted in the crank pulley hitting the newly installed single groove water pump pulley so on went a single groove crank pulley as well. While I had everything apart I figured it was a good time to remove the pipe nipples from the water pump and eliminate the heater hoses so into the garbage they went. I also installed a dipstick which was never installed and replaced the PH8A filter that was uncomfortably close to the frame with a shorter counterpart. The next hurdle was there was no home for the battery so I ran about 25' of #1 wire to rear passenger side of the bed where a new battery and kill switch now reside. Moving on, I removed the Weiand tri power intake and while installing a different valley pan with heat crossover block offs, decided I should check the lifters as the cam just looked off to me. To my surprise, the lifters looked "ok" although I plan on a cam swap in the near future. I did discover during this inspection, incorrect length bolts on the rocker arm shafts resulting in extra washers being used as spacers, so off to the parts bin for a complete set of bolts and hold downs I went. After being sidetracked by my unexpected findings I finally got the eBay Torker installed and topped it off with an 825 Demon I rebuilt. In case it seems like I'm getting close to actually driving this thing, let me add that I discovered the motorhome seats were never bolted in and there is no fuel line run to the tank which has a set of vice grips pinching off the hose at the bottom. I can only imagine what goodness I'll find when I remove the vice grips but, I went ahead and ordered up some 3/8" aluminum fuel line and will keep trucking along. Since the seats are actually not a great fit anyhow, I picked up a really nice pair of bucket seats from an early mustang for a smoking deal which will eventually get mounted to some fancy brackets that will completely cancel out the deal I got on the seats. That being said, I should be close to putting some miles on the truck soon but I'm guessing I've still got more work to do that has yet to be discovered so I'll not hold my breath. Oh well, it's only time and money right? panic

IMG_20190224_210143.jpgIMG_20190224_210240.jpg

[img]https://s9.postimg.cc/6fbjxzfvv/48-2016-_Drag-_Weekend-_Best-_Burnouts-lpr.jpg[/img]

73 GTX *440*727*8 3/4*
69 DART GT *440*4 SPEED*DANA*
73 ROAD RUNNER *451*4 SPEED*DANA*
64 F100 *383*4 SPEED*9"*
75 DODGE D300 *440*4 SPEED*DANA*
99 DODGE RAM 3500 4X4 DUALLY... ON 38"s