Up until last week, I had a morning regimen of browsing Craigslist for parts. The first thing that got me was a rusty 413 that had an original set of adjustable rockers on it that I wanted... Turns out after dragging it home and inspecting it, the motor was rebuilt in 1971 but never run. Even had a decent sized solid cam in it. It's now on a stand in my garage and being reassembled after diligently cleaning everything up. I didn't really need it, but I'm now shoveling time and money at it with big dreams of installing it in something because otherwise, why would I have it? grin I should have learned from this and stopped looking at Craigslist but I didn't... So last Wednesday while searching for Mopar parts I come across this gem, a 1964 Ford F100 with a supposed fresh 383, 18 Spline 4-Speed and a new McLeod Dual Disc clutch. None of which I really needed but that didn't dissuade me from what I convinced myself to be a good deal. I'm still dumb enough to think it was, so now I'm now the proud owner of a Mutt that for some unknown reason is growing on me like a sickness. Perhaps it's the fact that it's curb weight is less than my GTX, maybe it's all the room under the tilt front end that's just begging for Turbos or maybe it's the fact that I feel like I could chop, hack and beat on it like a rented mule because it's just so ratty already and doesn't require emissions. Perhaps a test bed for all the dumb things I buy? Either way, I was hoping that this strange attachment wasn't happening but I have a Torker intake and new alternator brackets heading this way for it as I type this. It may be too late for me... Have I gone off the deep end? Will I ever learn?

IMG_20190205_205455.jpgIMG_20190205_205512.jpg
Last edited by MadMopars; 02/06/19 02:15 AM.

[img]https://s9.postimg.cc/6fbjxzfvv/48-2016-_Drag-_Weekend-_Best-_Burnouts-lpr.jpg[/img]

73 GTX *440*727*8 3/4*
69 DART GT *440*4 SPEED*DANA*
73 ROAD RUNNER *451*4 SPEED*DANA*
64 F100 *383*4 SPEED*9"*
75 DODGE D300 *440*4 SPEED*DANA*
99 DODGE RAM 3500 4X4 DUALLY... ON 38"s