Originally Posted By 340Cuda
Shiloh,

I have heard seven inch converters can be very hard on the engines thrust bearing and that if you let off and get back on one at the finish line they sort of "unhook" and you lose propulsion.

Has that been your experience?

Thank you for sharing your experience with us.

Bill
. Bill honestly I can't say that I have experienced that issue it does sound plausible I honestly feel that a 7 inch converter is going to be the fastest way down the track that being said they have had a harder time nailing it down probably because of the two speed and the weight of the vehicle.. pulling it out and sending it back for a tune-up constantly becomes a headache.. the other problem that we have had with the seven inch converter is overheating the converter in one pass it will completely burn all the paint off the converter.. even after it being tuned up giving the Builder racepak information.. I bet a 3-speed with a perfect 7 inch converter would be scary fast... there are others on this board that have more experience with a 7-inch converter than me maybe they will chime in on the count of I'm kind of curious about your question as well Bill..

In the 8s N/A.with Brett miller W8's
5.07 at 133 at 2700lb